If you’re a homeowner, you probably know how quickly and effortlessly mildews, gunk and molds can sprout up on your deck, patios etc. You also know how hard and disgusting they are to clean away, especially if you tend to do it manually. That is what makes pressure washers so popular.
Electric pressure washers are known by homeowners and car owners alike for their cleaning abilities, supported by pressurized water and soap dispenser fittings that help them clean away years’ worth of grime and gunk in no time.
Apart from the fact that their pressurized water easily uproots mildews, molds and anything else from your walls and floors, they are designed to clean just about anything, including the car, the fence, the driveway etc.
That most electric pressure washer models are lightweight and fitted with soap dispensers is also a plus for most homeowners, since that makes cleaning easier. The trouble for most people, however, lies in choosing the best electric pressure washer for their homes.
With lots of models on sale today, one is left to wonder which pressure washer cleans up as well as its touted. We looked at five of the best electric pressure washers on the market today, and here’s our review.
Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer
The Sun Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer features a number of unique features, a high pressure being the most notable. It comes in with medium size dimensions of 15.6 L × 13.5 W × 33.9H inches, while its overall weight of 31 pounds renders it lightweight for daily usage.
- Maximum flow rate of 1.76 GPM
- 5 quick connect spray nozzle tips colored in yellow, green, red etc. for the different degrees
- 5 Amp motor
- Burst pressure of 2030 PSI
- Dual detergent tank system
- Long spray Hose
- The washer package comes with a good instruction manual, which enables easy assembling
- The high-pressure power ensures perfect cleaning away of muck, mildew etc
- Its good design enables it to work quietly all the time
- It bears solid, sturdy construction that is durable
- The varied pressure degrees provided by the different nozzle tips enables users to work on cleaning projects that require different flow rates and pressure easily without causing substantial surface damage
- The nozzles are also easy to fix and flexible when switching for different cleaning jobs
- The washer comes with brass connector fittings on the nozzles that rule out leakages and work very well
- Can be used on long-running jobs without heating up, burning or making noises, thanks to its top-notch design and technology.
- It cleans most surfaces well even without soap or bleach because of its high-pressure PSI.
- Is easy to carry around, thanks to wheels at the bottom and medium sizing.
- The soap dispenser unit only works with specific pressure washer soap, and everyday soap can damage it.
- The connection between the metal hose water input and the hose comes fitted with a soft plastic connector that easily gets broken and has to be replaced immediately with brass connectors.
- The pressure from some nozzles is strong enough to damage some surfaces such as painted walls by having them peel away etc.
Ivation Electric Pressure
A high burst pressure rating, strong mass flow rate and lightweight size are some of the features that make the Ivation electric pressure washer stand out among other pressure washer models.
With dimensions of 12.5L × 12W × 32H inches, it also ranks as one of the most compact electric pressure washer models on the market.
- Burst pressure of 2200 PSI
- 5 Amp with 1600 watt motor
- Water flow rate of 1.8 GPM
- 5 quick connect nozzle tips (0°, 15°,25°,40 and soap)
- Gun hose with connector
- Built in soap/detergent dispenser
- Bonus turbo spray wand
- Self-suction ability using standing water
- Total stop system (TSS) for more safety
- Weighs 25 pounds
- The whole washer is easy to assemble together and comes with nozzles that are easy to attach to ports
- It is easy to turn on at the start of working and to restart after a break by just pressing the trigger
- Its sturdy design and construction accords it a wide flat base that prevents toppling over during movement or use of the hoses
- Its materials and solid design render it durable enough to support working for longer hours without burning, heating up or releasing noises
- It weighs 25 pounds which make it lightweight and very portable
- The overall pressure of 2200 PSI from the washer is effective for cleaning any type of dirt from most surfaces including decks, patios driveways, sidewalks, fences etc.
- Its hoses are designed to pop out of different sides of the washer, making it easy to pull around from behind during use.
- The washer comes with copper connectors, which are durable for long hours of use and prevent leakages
- The electric cord is long enough for use over a wider area.
- Stays very quiet throughout the cleaning process with only the trigger making some small noise when pressed to turn the washer on.
- The bonus turbo spray wand is a plus for better spraying and cleaning.
- It is affordably priced
- It can also be used without soap on some jobs, thanks to its strong pressure that cleans up completely
- The washer comes with no option for turning soap dispenser on or off or controlling it, which renders it unusable
- The instructions that come with the manuals are not well explained or easy to apply to assembling.
- Pressure is very strong; it can scrape paint off walls or hurt you if you don’t operate the washer or hoses right
AR Blue Clean AR390SS Pressure Electric Washer
The AR Blue AR390SS is another electric pressure washer that has increasingly grown in popularity among buyers, courtesy of its assortment of unique and helpful features. Most notable among them is its tri axial pressure water pump that allows for pressures of 2000 PSI during work.
- 14 Amp power requirement for universal motor
- Tri axial pressure water pump of 2000 PSI
- 4 – 1.8 gallons per minute flow rate
- Metal pressure washer wand
- Electric pressure hose of 30ft long
- Surface suction ability for pooled water
- Separate detergent dispenser tank of 48 oz.
- Two nozzle tips of 30° and 35° for different pressure rates on different jobs
- 4 quick connect pressure washer nozzles
- Washer gun
- Weighs 42 pounds
- Dimensions of 16L × 17W × 38H
- Built in GRCI in electrical cord
- The washer comes with complete with a manual of assembling instructions, which makes the assembling process easier and shorter.
- The washer’s trigger makes it easy to start and turn on
- It comes with a high water flow rate of 1.4 – 1.8 gallons per minute, which is ideal for cleaning most grimy surfaces without water wastage
- Its design allows it work quietly even for longer hours
- The unique surface suction ability allows for getting water out of ponds, buckets during use etc.
- Its design and construction enables it to conserve up to 80% more water during use
- It comes with a cooled motor that allows a longer work cycle without heating or burning up.
- The washer’s 2000 PSI pressure rating is strong enough for various jobs and renders it fit to clean most surfaces including fences, cars, patios, decks, driveways etc.
- The hose isn’t very flexible with its reel; it’s too stiff to use or handle without possibly tipping it over
- With a weight of 42 pounds, the AR Blue pressure washer doesn’t come off as light for carrying around during use.
- The plastic connectors on the hose and other parts are prone to breakage and subsequent leaking, while the hose is prone to excessive kinking during use
The Force 1800 Powerhouse International Electric Pressure Washer
Unlike many other electric pressure washer models, the small sized Force 1800 electric pressure washer features a very high initial burst pressure rating of 2600 PSI before going lower. That is just one of the many features that have endeared it to users everywhere.
- Burst pressure of 1600-1800 PSI
- Initial burst pressure of 2600 PSI at first start
- Water flow rate of 1.6 gallons per minute (GPM)
- Quick connect hose that is 20 ft. long
- Thermal sensor to protect from overheating
- Adjustable nozzle with 3 different tips
- Total Stop System and trigger guns
- Bonus nylon brush
- Spinning turbo nozzle
- Attached soap/ foam bottle for soap dispenser adjustment
- Inbuilt GFCI plug in electric cord
- Weighs 17 pounds
- Dimensions of 16L × 10W × 10H
- The washer is easy to assemble and comes with an instruction manual for a quicker setup process.
- The Total Stop System allows for the motor to switch off automatically with a release of the trigger, which prolongs the motor’s lifespan.
- The automatic safety value and inbuilt GFCI plug in the cord provide for more safety during use
- With a weight of 17 pounds and dimensions of 16L × 10W × 10H, the washer comes off as a small sized bundle that is light to carry around during use
- Its pressure and flow rate is powerful enough for small, everyday domestic jobs such as fence, patio and deck cleaning.
- The Force 1800 is made of heavy duty durable plastic in most areas, which is durable and guarantees the washer a longer lifespan.
- Both its strong initial pressure of 2600 PSI and normal pressure of 1600 PSI release enough water to work on most jobs without wastage or damage and at the right speed for quick completion of projects.
- The mass flow rate of 1.6 gallons per meter ensures that the required amount of water is released without waste.
- The washer’s fitted thermal sensor is effective at protecting the washer from overheating up during long hours of use
- At 20 feet, its electric cord is long enough to facilitate cleaning of faraway areas without much movement
- Its small compact design makes it easy to store around the house after use
- It also comes with good connectors and its hose is flexible throughout use
- It is also designed with room for storing its wand, electrical cord and other tools when not in use
- The Force 1800 washer doesn’t topple over during movement or use, thanks to its wide flat base
- The washer makes some noise as you work
- It’s not made of very sturdy construction, which shortens its lifespan
Greenworks GPW1501 Electric Pressure Washer
With dimensions of 11.4 × 17.1 × 9.4 inches and a weight of 17.5 pounds, the Green works GPW1501 is easily one of the smallest electric pressure washers on the market today. Designed for smaller cleaning jobs in mind, it is supported in part by its affordable price and a number of handy features.
- Burst pressure of 1500 PSI
- Mass flow rate of water of 1.2 GPM
- Power requirement of 13 Amp
- Electric cord of 35ft long, complete with inbuilt GFCI in the plug
- Two nozzle tips of 25° and 40° for different spray patterns
- Runs on electricity
- Adjustable pressure gun
- The washer is easy to assemble, thanks to coming with an illustrated manual in its package
- It comes off as lightweight at 17.5 pounds and easy to carry around during use, whether handheld or otherwise.
- It is affordably priced in comparison with other pressure washer models.
- Its small, compact size makes it very easy to store.
- It is good for cleaning of moss, mildew, gunk etc.
- Quickly interchangeable hoses of 25° and 40° to help switch between jobs
- Its pressure is powerful enough for small jobs and domestic use such as cleaning patios, decks etc.
- It comes with a long enough hose for serving a wide area with lots of movement
- It comes with poor quality connectors for the hoses that easily break and cause leakages after a small period of use and need to be replaced.
- The washer’s materials do not make for very sturdy construction; it feels cheap and prone to damage and leaking
- It takes longer to complete some tasks such as cleaning hard dirt off driveways because it requires a concentrated effort in one area due to lower pressure rating.
- The washer comes with no storage space on its exterior for its external features such as the nozzle and hose after use.
Comparison – Best Electric Pressure Washer
Comparing burst pressure range (PSI), the Ivation’s 2200 PSI and AR Blue’s 2000 PSI are higher than the Force 1800, Greenworks and Sun Jose’s, rendering them better.
Greenworks’s gallon per minute level of 1.2 ranks it as the lowest when compared to the Ivation’s 1.8, AR Blue’s 1.4, Sun Jose’s 1.76 and the Force’s 1.6 GPM. It is also the model whose flow rate is hardest to maintain at high levels.
The AR Blue comes in as the heaviest to carry or moves around with its 42 pounds, much heavier than the Force 1800’s 17 pounds or the Ivation’s 25 pounds.
With the exception of the Force which makes some noise during use, all the other models release little or minimal noise at all.
Just as well, all three models come fitted with quick connect nozzle tips for different cleaning tasks; nevertheless, the Greenworks’s 2 nozzle tips (25° and 40°) are no match for the Sun Jose and Ivation’s 5 or the Force’s 4 tips, which allow their users more versatility and pressure control for different jobs.
The Force pressure washer comes in with the highest number of additional features, while the Greenworks’s washer requires the lowest amount of current among them all with its 13 Amp rating.
Additionally, the surface suction ability possessed by the Ivation and the AR Blue models renders them quite unique and very useful.
The Best Electric Pressure Washer – The conclusion
When choosing an electric pressure washer, there are a number of factors that you must consider. Pressure power, size, gallons per minute etc., are some of the factors that determine a pressure washer’s functionality and usability.
Each of the models comes with the basic features any pressure washer should have, albeit in varying sizes and designs, including a long hose, electric cord, detergent /soap tank etc., and are all equally recommendable.
If you’re looking for an affordable electric pressure washer with lots of handy additional features but not in much in the way of a solid build, the Force 1800 is a good choice.
The Greenworks electric pressure washer comes in as the cheapest of them all albeit with limited functionality in most areas as compared to the other models.
If you’re only looking to get a small electric pressure washer for small household tasks, the Greenworks electric washer is the best choice, considering its price. The AR Blue is the model we recommend if you’re willing to stretch your budget a little further for some extra features.
The Ivation electric pressure washer ties with the Sun Jose in being the best electric pressure washer model, courtesy of each having 5 quick connect nozzles, a high PSI of above 2000 PSI, equal power requirements of 14.5 Amps and a lightweight sizing for easy carriage.