There aren’t many things as annoying as having a pressure washer groan aloud as you use it to clean your fence and groan even louder as you increase the water pressure for rougher surfaces.
It makes a would-have-been fun and quick process uncomfortable, and may leave you wishing you’d sent it back to the seller or asked for a refund.
It’s true that everyone loves a noiseless electric pressure washer. That’s why it ranks highly as one of the qualities than any electric pressure washer should possess.
Most manufacturers know this and tout their models as being quiet throughout the cleaning process, releasing a sound only when the trigger is snapped.
But with many models on the market claiming to be slightly or completely noise free, most buyers are left to gamble about which model to choose and which one to cancel off their shopping lists.
We inspected three of the quietest electric pressure washer models on the market today and tested for their functionality, usability and features design. Our final review is shown below.
Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer
- Maximum flow rate of 1.76 GPM
- 5 quick connect spray nozzle tips
- 5 Amp motor
- 2030 PSI
- Dual detergent tank system
- Long spray Hose
- Easy to assemble
- Works quietly all the time
- The nozzles are easy and flexible to switch for different cleaning jobs
- Has brass connector fittings on nozzles that work well
- Works with only specific pressure washer soap
- The motor may not maintain the 1.76 flow rate for long
Ivation Electric Pressure
- Burst pressure of 2200 PSI
- 5 Amp with 1600 watt motor
- 8 GPM
- 5 quick connect nozzle (0*, 15*,25*,40, soap)
- Built in soap/detergent dispenser
- Bonus turbo spray wand
- Self- suction ability
- Total stop system (TSS) for more safety
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to start
- Sturdy design with wide base that prevents toppling over during movement
- Durable enough to work for longer hours without heating up
- Lightweight and very portable
- Very quiet throughout cleaning process
- Has no option for turning soap dispenser on or off.
- Requires longer time for assembling.
AR Blue Clean AR390SS Pressure Electric Washer
- 14 Amp
- Burst pressure of 2000 PSI
- 4 – 1.8 GPM
- Long electric pressure hose 30ft long
- Separate detergent dispenser tank of 48 oz.
- Two nozzle tips of 30° and 35°
- 4 quick connect pressure washer nozzles
- Surface suction ability for pooled water
- Built in GRCI in electrical cord
- Easy to assemble
- Is easy to turn on
- Works quietly even for longer hours
- The surface suction ability allows for getting water out of ponds, buckets etc.
- Has a cooled motor that allows a longer work cycle without heating or burning up.
- 2000PSI pressure rating is ideal for most jobs
- The hose isn’t very flexible during use
- The plastic connectors are prone to breakage during the long use
Comparison of Quietest Electric Pressure Washers
All three electric pressure washer models display very minimal release of sound during usage, thanks to their superior construction and design. Comparing price, all three brands come in under $200, although the AR Blue ARB390SS washer comes in pricier than them all.
When it comes to additional features and abilities, the Ivation and AR Blue’s surface suction ability renders them superior to the Sun Joe, while the AR Blue’s built in GRCI in its electric cord renders it safer to use.
The Ivation’s burst pressure ranks highest at 2200 PSI, in comparison with the Sun Joe’s 2030 and the AR Blue’s 2000. Considering size, the 42 pound AR Blue ranks as the heaviest in comparison to the Ivation’s 25 pounds and Sun Joe’s 31 and stands taller than them all.
The Quietest Electric Pressure Washer – Verdict
The Sun Jose SPX3000, the Ivation and the AR Blue ARB390SS are all top quality and quiet electricity pressure washers, as the reviews above dictate.
If you’re looking for a budget electric pressure washer that is quiet and has the features for everyday use, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is the model we recommend. If your cleaning requirements necessitate a higher burst pressure and different pressure spray rates, the Ivation pressure washer is the one to go for.
The AR Blue is for those willing to go an extra mile for more features regardless of more weight and limited degree tips.
Of all the three models, we most recommend the Ivation electric pressure washer for its features that include high pressure, various degree nozzle tips, its self-suction ability, competitive pricing, lightweight size and other additional features.